Wikibooks:ਸੱਥ

Wikibooks ਤੋਂ
Jump to navigation Jump to search


ਸਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ! ਇਸ ਵਿਕੀ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਭਾਲਣ ਅਤੇ ਸੰਵਾਰਨ ਦੀ ਕਾਫ਼ੀ ਲੋੜ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਸਭ ਦੇ ਸਾਥ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਹੈ। ਇੱਥੇ ਯੋਗਦਾਨ ਦੇਣ ਲਈ ਸਭ ਦਾ ਸਵਾਗਤ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਵੀ ਇੱਥੇ ਲਿਖ ਅਤੇ ਫੇਰ-ਬਦਲ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ। ਮਿਹਰਬਾਨੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਇਕ ਵਧੀਆ ਲਾਇਬ੍ਰੇਰੀ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਵਿਚ ਆਪਣਾ ਯੋਗਦਾਨ ਦਿਓ। --itar buttar [ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ] ੧੬:੧੮, ੨ ਨਵੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)

ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕੀ ਹੱਕ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਸਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ! ਮੈਂ ਇੱਥੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਖ਼ਰਾਬ ਸਫ਼ੇ ਅਤੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਕਮੀਆਂ ਵੇਖੀਆਂ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਸਫ਼ੇ ਮਿਟਾਉਣ, ਬਾਕੀ ਕਮੀਆਂ ਦੂਰ ਕਰਨ ਅਤੇ ਇੰਟਰਫ਼ੇਸ ਬਿਹਤਰੀ ਲਈ ਮੈਂ ਇਸ ਵਿਕੀ ’ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਦੇ ਹੱਕ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ਮੈਂ ਯਕੀਨਨ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਵਿਕੀ ਦਾ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਅਤੇ ਕਾਫ਼ੀ ਸਰਗਰਮ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਸਾਬਤ ਹੋਵਾਂਗਾ। ਧੰਨਵਾਦ। --itar buttar [ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ] ੧੬:੨੫, ੨ ਨਵੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)

  • ਨਾਂਹਖ਼ਿਲਾਫ਼ --Sonia Singh [ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ]
  • ਹਾਂਸਮਰਥਨ--Babanwalia (talk) ੧੫:੨੮, ੯ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)
  • ਨਾਂਹਵਿਰੋਧ --Zarienah (talk) ੧੮:੧੭, ੮ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)
  • ਨਾਂਹਵਿਰੋਧVibhasKS (talk) ੨੨:੦੬, ੧੨ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)
  • ਹਾਂਸਮਰਥਨ--Gubin (talk) ੦੭:੫੦, ੨੪ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)

comment[ਸੋਧੋ]

I wanna ask the users who opposed, do they promise to do something constructive to develope this wiki as they're just stopping others to do this. The only edits they did are changing the wiki terms and this oppose. --itar buttar [ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ] ੦੩:੦੨, ੧੩ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)

you are making your own rules now, they are all part of the punjabi community and want for the better, stop panicking and try to appreciate everyone properly then maybe you would get supports. What do you mean by "wiki terms" the greetings that you personally like to use are not our wiki terms. You yourself only imported a deletion template and tagged things for deletion and now want to become admin? The only thing you are contributing to right now are the talk pages so don't act like you own the place or the language. —VibhasKS (talk) ੦੮:੫੬, ੧੩ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)
  • (with steward hat on) Lacks the necessary consensus to promote. Snowolf How can I help? ੧੭:੦੮, ੨੪ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੨ (UTC)

Global AbuseFilter[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello,

AbuseFilter is a MediaWiki extension used to detect likely abusive behavior patterns, like pattern vandalism and spam. In 2013, Global AbuseFilters were enabled on a limited set of wikis including Meta-Wiki, MediaWiki.org, Wikispecies and (in early 2014) all the "small wikis". Recently, global abuse filters were enabled on "medium sized wikis" as well. These filters are currently managed by stewards on Meta-Wiki and have shown to be very effective in preventing mass spam attacks across Wikimedia projects. However, there is currently no policy on how the global AbuseFilters will be managed although there are proposals. There is an ongoing request for comment on policy governing the use of the global AbuseFilters. In the meantime, specific wikis can opt out of using the global AbuseFilter. These wikis can simply add a request to this list on Meta-Wiki. More details can be found on this page at Meta-Wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.

Thanks,

PiRSquared17, Glaisher

— ੧੭:੩੪, ੧੪ ਨਵੰਬਰ ੨੦੧੪ (UTC)

Temporary Adminship[ਸੋਧੋ]

I am requesting temporary adminship on this wiki.--Satdeep Gill (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 17:26, 16 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Support[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਹਾਂ

Oppose[ਸੋਧੋ]

Comments[ਸੋਧੋ]

I support Satdeep Gill , as no better choice is available.There are presently only 4 active users on this project,positive aspect of Satdeep Gill is that he has been greatly instrumental in promoting more number of active users on punjabi wiki which so far had very less no. of users compared to community size ; but for his limitations in administrator actions , he has to improve a lot , examples are ; poor-knowledge as example look here ;he could not explain or define simple term such as active user while putting a draft policy for becoming administrator 'on punjabi Wikipedia village pump and after a lengthy discussion , could only be convinced that he does not know this term and replied let community define it ;which he is yet to improve upon .--Guglani (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 12:37, 19 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

administrators should promise that on such new project their 90% edits should be main space edits for content creation, rather than deletion to become example for other users.Deletion by administrators should be resorted to only vulgar content or license issues on a new project like this. --Guglani (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 13:04, 20 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ

Screenshot of Compact Language Links interlanguage list

Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.

From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. Using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages

The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page or on this discussion thread. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).

Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 07:04, 24 ਜੂਨ 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

ਵਿਕੀਮੀਡੀਆ ਅੰਦੋਲਨ ਰਣਨੀਤੀ ਨਿਰਧਾਰਨ 2017 ਸਬੰਧੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਚਰਚਾ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਵਿਕੀਮੀਡੀਆ ਅੰਦੋਲਨ ਰਣਨੀਤੀ ਨਿਰਧਾਰਨ ਤਹਿਤ ਵੱਖ-ਵੱਖ ਵਿਸ਼ਿਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਸਬੰਧਿਤ ਮਾਹਿਰਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਕੀਮੀਡੀਅਨਜ ਦੀ ਪੂਰੀ ਟੀਮ ਨਾਲ ਵਿਚਾਰ-ਚਰਚਾ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ,ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਭਾਗ,ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ ਦੇ ਸਹਿਯੋਗ ਨਾਲ 15 ਜੁਲਾਈ 2017 ਨੂੰ ਕਰਵਾਉਣਾ ਨਿਯਤ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਚਰਚਾ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਰੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਕੀਮੀਡੀਅਨਜ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਾਮਿਲ ਹੋਣ ਲਈ ਨਿਮਰਤਾ ਸਹਿਤ ਸੱਦਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਇਸ ਈਵਿੰਟ ਦੇ ਕੋਆਡੀਨੇਟਰ ਡਾ.ਮਾਨਵਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਕੌਰ ਤੇ ਸਟਾਲਿਨਜੀਤ ਬਰਾੜ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਈਵਿੰਟ Facilitator ਸੱਤਦੀਪ ਗਿੱਲ ਹਨ। ਇਸ ਈਵਿੰਟ ਨਾਲ ਸਬੰਧਿਤ ਕੋਈ ਸਵਾਲ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਿੱਜੀ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਅਤੇ ਸੱਥ ਉਪਰ ਵੀ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ।Stalinjeet (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ)

  • ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਿਲ ਹੋਣ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਜੇਕਰ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਕੋਲ ਸਮਾਂ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਇਸ Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017 ਲਿੰਕ ਉਪਰ ਸਰਸਰੀ ਝਾਤ ਮਾਰ ਆਉਣੀ ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ ਬਾਰੇ ਸਮਝ 'ਚ ਵਾਧਾ ਹੋ ਸਕੇ।

ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ ਦੀ ਰੂਪ ਰੇਖਾ[ਸੋਧੋ]

  • ਮਿਤੀ- 15 ਜੁਲਾਈ 2017
  • ਸਥਾਨ - ਮੇਨ ਹਾਲ,ਗੈਸਟ ਹਾਉਸ,ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ ਪਟਿਆਲਾ (ਨੇੜੇ ਡਿਸਪੈਸਰੀ)
  • ਸਮਾਂ - ਸਵੇਰ 10 ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਦੁਪਿਹਰ 2 ਵਜੇ
  • ਲੰਚ - 2 ਵਜੇ
  • ਚਾਹ ਤੇ ਸਨੈਕਸ - ਨਾਲੋ-ਨਾਲ

ਸੁਝਾਅ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਟਿੱਪਣੀਆਂ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਸਮਰਥਨ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਵਿਰੋਧ[ਸੋਧੋ]

Indic Wikimedia Campaigns/Contests Survey[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello fellow Wikimedians,

Apologies for writing in English. Please help me in translating this message to your language.

I am delighted to share a survey that will help us in the building a comprehensive list of campaigns and contests organized by the Indic communities on various Wikimedia projects like Wikimedia Commons, Wikisource, Wikipedia, Wikidata etc. We also want to learn what's working in them and what are the areas that needs more support.

If you have organized or participated in any campaign or contest (such as Wiki Loves Monuments type Commons contest, Wikisource Proofreading Contest, Wikidata labelathons, 1lib1ref campaigns etc.), we would like to hear from you.

You can read the Privacy Policy for the Survey here

Please find the link to the Survey at: https://forms.gle/eDWQN5UxTBC9TYB1A

P.S. If you have been involved in multiple campaigns/contests, feel free to submit the form multiple times.

Looking forward to hearing and learning from you.

-- SGill (WMF) sent using MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 06:09, 25 ਜੂਨ 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

New tools and IP masking[ਸੋਧੋ]

14:18, 21 ਅਗਸਤ 2019 (UTC)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[ਸੋਧੋ]

-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:13, 30 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[ਸੋਧੋ]

07:14, 16 ਅਕਤੂਬਰ 2019 (UTC)

Community Wishlist 2020[ਸੋਧੋ]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

IFried (WMF) 19:30, 4 ਨਵੰਬਰ 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore[ਸੋਧੋ]

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 06:15, 18 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2020 (UTC)
Reply[reply]

Wikimedia 2030: Movement Strategy Community conversations are here![ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear Affiliate Representatives and community members,

The launch of our final round of community conversation is finally here! We are excited to have the opportunity to invite you to take part. 
The recommendations have been published! Please take time over the next five weeks to review and help us understand how your organization and community would be impacted.

What Does This Mean?

The core recommendations document has now been published on Meta in Arabic, English, French, German, Hindi, Portuguese, and Spanish. This is the result of more than a year of dedicated work by our working groups, and we are pleased to share the evolution of their work for your final consideration. 
In addition to the recommendations text, you can read through key documents such as Principles, Process, and the Writer’s Reflections, which lend important context to this work and highlight the ways that the recommendations are conceptually interlinked.
We also have a brief Narrative of Change [5] which offers a summary introduction to the recommendations material. 

How Is My Input Reflected In This Work?

Community input played an important role in the drafting of these recommendations. The core recommendations document reflects this and cites community input throughout in footnotes. I also encourage you to take a look at our community input summaries. These texts show a further analysis of how all of the ideas you shared last year through online conversations, affiliate meetings, and strategy salons connect to recommendations. Many of the community notes and reports not footnoted in the core recommendations document are referenced here as evidence of the incredible convergence of ideas that have brought us this far.  

What Happens Now?

Affiliates, online communities, and other stakeholders have the next five weeks to discuss and share feedback on these recommendations. In particular, we’re hoping to better understand how you think they would impact our movement - what benefits and opportunities do you foresee for your affiliate, and why? What challenges or barriers would they pose for you? Your input at this stage is vital, and we’d like to warmly invite you to participate in this final discussion period.

We encourage volunteer discussion co-ordinators for facilitating these discussions in your local language community on-wiki, on social media, informal or formal meet ups, on-hangouts, IRC or the village pump of your project. Please collect a report from these channels or conversations and connect with me directly so that I can be sure your input is collected and used. Alternatively, you can also post the feedback on the meta talk pages of the respective recommendations.

After this five week period, the Core Team will publish a summary report of input from across affiliates, online communities, and other stakeholders for public review before the recommendations are finalized. You can view our updated timeline here as well as an updated FAQ section that addresses topics like the goal of this current period, the various components of the draft recommendations, and what’s next in more detail. 
Thank you again for taking the time to join us in community conversations, and we look forward to receiving your input. (Please help us by translating this message into your local language). Happy reading! RSharma (WMF) MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 21:31, 20 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 19:00, 22 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Ask to create an article on famous Yugoslavian and Macedonian Academician Ratko Janev[ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear editors, can someone please create the article on Ratko Janev (Ратко Јанев), most distinguished Macedonian Academician here. Academician prof. dr. Ratko Janev was a distinguished member of the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts. In the period 1972 – 1987 he was a principal research fellow at the Institute of Physics, Belgrade where he made significant scientific breakthroughs in multiple fields of atomic physics and left lasting scientific legacy. Born in 1939, in Sandanski in Bulgaria, he finished a gymnasium in Skoplje in Republic of Macedonia, and received his BSc in physics in Belgrade, where he also earned his PhD and continued his research career – in addition to the Institute of Physics, he also worked at Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences and at what was then the Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics. Academician Janev was a leader in numerous researches and greatly contributed to the development of domestic atomic physics, leaving behind more than 600 scientific works [1], as well as numerous books and monographs. He was a member of various foreign academies, he also taught at Princeton, Oak Ridge and Brussels, and throughout his career he managed one of research programmes of controlled thermonuclear fusion at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). In 2004 he received the Research Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation for the project "Modelling and Diagnostics of Fusion Edge/divertor plasma" on the understanding of cold boundary layer plasmas in nuclear fusion reactors, performed in collaboration with the Juelich Research Centre in Germany.38.146.55.84 21:53, 2 ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

हरियाणा सृजन उत्सव 14-15 ਮਾਰਚ ਨੂੰ ਵਿਕੀ ਜਾਗਰੂਕਤਾ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ[ਸੋਧੋ]

'ਦੇਸ ਹਰਿਆਣਾ' ਹਿੰਦੀ ਮੈਗਜ਼ੀਨ ਦੇ ਸੰਪਾਦਕ ਅਤੇ ਕੁਰੁਕਸ਼ੇਤਰਾ ਯੁਨੀਵਰਸਟੀ ਦੇ ਹਿੰਦੀ ਵਿਭਾਗ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰੋਫੈਸਰ ਡਾ.ਸੁਭਾਸ਼ ਨਾਲ ਕੁਝ ਦਿਨ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਗੱਲ ਹੋਈ ਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਸਲਾਨਾ ਲਿਟਰੇਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ 'हरियाणा सृजन उत्सव 2020' ਮੌਕੇ ਸੈਣੀ ਸਮਾਜ ਭਵਨ ਕੁਰੁਕਸ਼ੇਤਰ ਵਿਖੇ 14-15 ਮਾਰਚ ਨੂੰ ਹੋ ਰਹੇ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ ਦੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਿਰਕਤ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਛੋਹੀ ਸੀ। ਬਾਅਦ ਵਿੱਚ ਸੱਤਪਾਲ ਦੰਦੀਵਾਲ, ਚਰਨ ਗਿੱਲ ਜੀ ਅਤੇ ਮਨਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਰ ਨਾਲ ਗੱਲ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਸੋਚਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਕਿ ਅਸੀਂ ਓਥੇ ਦੋਵੇਂ ਦਿਨ ਟੀਮ ਵਜੋਂ ਬੈਠ ਕੇ ਲੇਖਕਾਂ, ਰੰਗਕਰਮੀਆਂ, ਚਿੰਤਕਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ ਪ੍ਰੋਜੈਕਟਾਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਗੱਲ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਕਰੀਏ ਅਤੇ ਮੁੱਢਲੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਮੁਹੱਈਆ ਕਰਵਾਈਏ। ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਹੋਰਨਾਂ ਅਜਿਹੇ ਸਾਂਝੇ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਿਰਕਤ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਅੱਗੇ ਕਦਮ ਵਧਾਇਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਉਤਸਵ ਵਿੱਚ ਜਿਆਦਾ ਗਿਣਤੀ ਹਿੰਦੀ ਪੜ੍ਹਨ, ਲਿਖਣ ਵਾਲਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਹੋਏਗੀ ਅਤੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਿਰਫ਼ ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਰੁਚੀ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਸਾਰਿਆਂ ਪ੍ਰੋਜੈਕਟਾਂ ਬਾਰੇ ਗੱਲ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹਾਂਗੇ। ਇਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਸੱਤਪਾਲ ਦੰਦੀਵਾਲ, ਮਨਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਰ ਅਤੇ ਮੈਂ ਦੋਵੇਂ ਦਿਨ ਰਹਾਂਗੇ। ਭਾਈਚਾਰੇ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਵਰਤੋਂਕਾਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਿਲ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਣਾਤਮਕ ਪੱਖੋਂ ਬੇਹਤਰ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਲਈ ਸੱਦਾ ਹੈ। ਆਪਣੇ ਆਉਣ ਦੀ ਸੂਚਨਾ ਸੱਥ ਤੇ ਜਰੂਰ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਕਰਨਾ ਜੀ। Mulkh Singh (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 16:45, 1 ਮਾਰਚ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

ਹਿੱਸਾ ਲੈਣ ਵਾਲੇ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਟਿੱਪਣੀਆਂ[ਸੋਧੋ]

The 2030 movement strategy recommendations are here![ਸੋਧੋ]

Greetings! We are pleased to inform that the 2030 movement strategy recommendations have been published on Meta-wiki. Over the last two years, our movement has worked tirelessly to produce these ideas to change our shared future. Many of you participated in the online conversations, hosted strategy salons, attended regional events, and connected with us in-person at Wikimania. These contributions were invaluable, and will help make our movement stronger for years to come. 

The finished set of 10 recommendations emphasizes many of our core values, such as equity, innovation, safety, and coordination, while tasking us jointly to turn this vision into a reality. These recommendations clarify and refine the previous version, which was published in January this year. They are at a high strategic level so that the ideas are flexible enough to be adapted to different global and local settings and will allow us to navigate future challenges. Along with the recommendations, we have outlined 10 underlying principles, a narrative of change, and a glossary of key terms for better context.

The recommendations are available in numerous languages, including Arabic, German, Hindi, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish for you to read and share widely. We encourage you to read the recommendations in your own time and at your own pace, either online or in a PDF. There are a couple of other formats for you to take a deeper dive if you wish, such as a one-page summary, slides, and office hours, all collected on Meta. If you would like to comment, you are welcome to do so on the Meta talk pages. However, please note that these are the final version of the recommendations. No further edits will be made. This final version of the recommendations embodies an aspiration for how the Wikimedia movement should continue to change in order to advance that direction and meet the Wikimedia vision in a changing world. 

In terms of next steps, our focus now shifts toward implementation. In light of the cancellation of the Wikimedia Summit, the Wikimedia Foundation is determining the best steps for moving forward through a series of virtual events over the coming months. We will also be hosting live office hours in the next coming few days, where you can join us to celebrate the Strategy and ask questions! Please stay tuned, and thank you once again for helping to drive our movement forward, together. RSharma (WMF)

Feedback on movement names[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ if necessary. ਧੰਨਵਾਦ!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 19:52, 2 ਜੁਲਾਈ 2020 (UTC)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[ਸੋਧੋ]

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 19:56, 9 ਜੁਲਾਈ 2020 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement Reply[reply]

Important: maintenance operation on September 1st[ਸੋਧੋ]

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:48, 26 ਅਗਸਤ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to participate in the conversation[ਸੋਧੋ]

Wiki of functions naming contest[ਸੋਧੋ]

21:26, 29 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2020 (UTC)

Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ.

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.

ਧੰਨਵਾਦ! Qgil-WMF (talk) 17:09, 7 ਅਕਤੂਬਰ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Regional Call for South Asia - Oct. 30[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hi everyone. The time has come to put Movement Strategy into work and we need your help. We are inviting South Asian communities, Indian Wikimedians, and anyone else interested to join a region-focused conversation on Movement Strategy and implementation. Please join us on Friday Oct. 30 at 19.30 / 7:30 pm IST (Google Meet).

The purpose of the meeting is to get prepared for global conversations, to identify priorities for implementation in 2021, and to plan the following steps. There are 10 recommendations and they propose multiple 45 initiatives written over two years by many Wikimedians. It is now up to communities to decide which ones we should work on together in 2021, starting with local and regional conversations. Global meetings will take place later in November when we will discuss global coordination and resources. More information about the global events will be shared soon.

  • What is work you’re already doing that is aligned with Movement Strategy?
  • What are priorities for you in 2021?
  • What are things we should all work on globally?

We would not be able to grow and diversify as a movement if communities from South Asia are not meaningfully involved in implementing the recommendations. Join the conversation with your questions and ideas, or just come to say hi. See you on Friday October 30.

A translatable version of this message can be found on Meta.

MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 17:24, 19 ਅਕਤੂਬਰ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Important: maintenance operation on October 27[ਸੋਧੋ]

-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 17:10, 21 ਅਕਤੂਬਰ 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2[ਸੋਧੋ]

22:10, 5 ਨਵੰਬਰ 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021[ਸੋਧੋ]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:09, 20 ਨਵੰਬਰ 2020 (UTC)

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[ਸੋਧੋ]

2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[ਸੋਧੋ]

Community Wishlist Survey 2021[ਸੋਧੋ]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

00:52, 15 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2020 (UTC)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[ਸੋਧੋ]

Wikimania's logo.

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ. ਧੰਨਵਾਦ!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 15:15, 27 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2021 (UTC)

Project Grant Open Call[ਸੋਧੋ]

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsਫਰਮਾ:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:00, 28 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![ਸੋਧੋ]

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 13:25, 6 ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globally[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, Wikibooks currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) 14:12, 18 ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikifunctions logo contest[ਸੋਧੋ]

01:45, 2 ਮਾਰਚ 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultations[ਸੋਧੋ]

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applications[ਸੋਧੋ]

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translators[ਸੋਧੋ]

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 21:45, 5 ਅਪਰੈਲ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[ਸੋਧੋ]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 23:05, 11 ਜੂਨ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Server switch[ਸੋਧੋ]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:19, 27 ਜੂਨ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee[ਸੋਧੋ]

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 1, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org with questions

Xeno (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 00:12, 3 ਅਗਸਤ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[ਸੋਧੋ]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Xeno (WMF) 22:09, 17 ਅਗਸਤ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[ਸੋਧੋ]

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

21:00, 1 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2021 (UTC)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[ਸੋਧੋ]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 00:23, 7 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Server switch[ਸੋਧੋ]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 00:45, 11 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Talk to the Community Tech[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਫਰਮਾ:Dir

Read this message in another languageਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 03:03, 11 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees is preparing a call for feedback about the upcoming Board Elections, from January 7 - February 10, 2022.

While details will be finalized the week before the call, we have confirmed at least two questions that will be asked during this call for feedback:

  • What is the best way to ensure fair representation of emerging communities among the Board?
  • What involvement should candidates have during the election?

While additional questions may be added, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wants to provide time for community members and affiliates to consider and prepare ideas on the confirmed questions before the call opens. We apologize for not having a complete list of questions at this time. The list of questions should only grow by one or two questions. The intention is to not overwhelm the community with requests, but provide notice and welcome feedback on these important questions.

Do you want to help organize local conversation during this Call?

Contact the Movement Strategy and Governance team on Meta, on Telegram, or via email at msg(_AT_)wikimedia.org.

Reach out if you have any questions or concerns. The Movement Strategy and Governance team will be minimally staffed until January 3. Please excuse any delayed response during this time. We also recognize some community members and affiliates are offline during the December holidays. We apologize if our message has reached you while you are on holiday.

Thank you, CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:09, 28 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore is back![ਸੋਧੋ]

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

You can also organize a local contest in your country and support us in translating the project pages to help us spread the word in your native language.

Feel free to contact us on our project Talk page if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 13:15, 9 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now open[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

There are two confirmed questions that will be asked during this Call for Feedback:

  1. What is the best way to ensure more diverse representation among elected candidates? The Board of Trustees noted the importance of selecting candidates who represent the full diversity of the Wikimedia movement. The current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Europe.
  2. What are the expectations for the candidates during the election? Board candidates have traditionally completed applications and answered community questions. How can an election provide appropriate insight into candidates while also appreciating candidates’ status as volunteers?

There is one additional question that may be presented during the Call about selection processes. This question is still under discussion, but the Board wanted to give insight into the confirmed questions as soon as possible. Hopefully if an additional question is going to be asked, it will be ready during the first week of the Call for Feedback.

Join the conversation.

Thank you,

Movement Strategy and Governance CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 10:39, 12 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Subscribe to the This Month in Education newsletter - learn from others and share your stories[ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear community members,

Greetings from the EWOC Newsletter team and the education team at Wikimedia Foundation. We are very excited to share that we on tenth years of Education Newsletter (This Month in Education) invite you to join us by subscribing to the newsletter on your talk page or by sharing your activities in the upcoming newsletters. The Wikimedia Education newsletter is a monthly newsletter that collects articles written by community members using Wikimedia projects in education around the world, and it is published by the EWOC Newsletter team in collaboration with the Education team. These stories can bring you new ideas to try, valuable insights about the success and challenges of our community members in running education programs in their context.

If your affiliate/language project is developing its own education initiatives, please remember to take advantage of this newsletter to publish your stories with the wider movement that shares your passion for education. You can submit newsletter articles in your own language or submit bilingual articles for the education newsletter. For the month of January the deadline to submit articles is on the 20th January. We look forward to reading your stories.

Older versions of this newsletter can be found in the complete archive.

More information about the newsletter can be found at Education/Newsletter/About.

For more information, please contact spatnaikਫਰਮਾ:@wikimedia.org.


About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony (Talk), ਐਤਵਾਰ 22:55, 25 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 5[ਸੋਧੋ]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 16th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about MSG on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:14, 19 ਜਨਵਰੀ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore is extended till 15th March[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ
Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

Greetings from Wiki Loves Folklore International Team,

We are pleased to inform you that Wiki Loves Folklore an international photographic contest on Wikimedia Commons has been extended till the 15th of March 2022. The scope of the contest is focused on folk culture of different regions on categories, such as, but not limited to, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, etc.

We would like to have your immense participation in the photographic contest to document your local Folk culture on Wikipedia. You can also help with the translation of project pages and share a word in your local language.

Best wishes,

International Team
Wiki Loves Folklore

MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 04:50, 22 ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines & Ratification Vote[ਸੋਧੋ]

In brief: the revised Enforcement Guidelines have been published. Voting to ratify the guidelines will happen from 7 March to 21 March 2022. Community members can participate in the discussion with the UCoC project team and drafting committee members on 25 February (12:00 UTC) and 4 March (15:00 UTC). Please sign-up.

Details:

The m:Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement. The UCoC and the Enforcement Guidelines were written by volunteer-staff drafting committees following community consultations. The revised guidelines were published 24 January 2022.

What’s next?

#1 Community Conversations

To help to understand the guidelines, the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team will host conversations with the UCoC project team and drafting committee members on 25 February (12:00 UTC) and 4 March (15:00 UTC). Please sign-up.

Comments about the guidelines can be shared on the Enforcement Guidelines talk page. You can comment in any language.

#2 Ratification Voting

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees released a statement on the ratification process where eligible voters can support or oppose the adoption of the enforcement guidelines through vote. Wikimedians are invited to translate and share important information.

A SecurePoll vote is scheduled from 7 March to 21 March 2022.

Eligible voters are invited to answer a poll question and share comments. Voters will be asked if they support the enforcement of the UCoC based on the proposed guidelines.

Thank you. CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 16:03, 22 ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now closed [ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now closed. This Call ran from 10 January and closed on 16 February 2022. The Call focused on three key questions and received broad discussion on Meta-wiki, during meetings with affiliates, and in various community conversations. The community and affiliates provided many proposals and discussion points. The reports are on Meta-wiki.

This information will be shared with the Board of Trustees and Elections Committee so they can make informed decisions about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees will then follow with an announcement after they have discussed the information.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Call for Feedback to help improve Board election processes.

Thank you,

Movement Strategy and Governance
CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:20, 5 ਮਾਰਚ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

UCoC Enforcement Guidelines Ratification Vote Begins (7 - 21 March 2022)[ਸੋਧੋ]

The ratification of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) enforcement guidelines has started. Every eligible community member can vote.

For instructions on voting using SecurePoll and Voting eligibility, please read this. The last date to vote is 21 March 2022.

Vote here - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:SecurePoll/vote/391

Thank you, CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 17:14, 7 ਮਾਰਚ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends tomorrow[ਸੋਧੋ]

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

International photographic contest Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends on 15th March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to upload images about local folk culture, festival, cuisine, costume, folklore etc on Wikimedia Commons. Watch out our social media handles for regular updates and declaration of Winners.

(Facebook , Twitter , Instagram)

The writing competition Feminism and Folklore will run till 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. Write about your local folk tradition, women, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, folklore, and tradition, including ballads, folktales, fairy tales, legends, traditional song and dance, folk plays, games, seasonal events, calendar customs, folk arts, folk religion, mythology etc. on your local Wikipedia. Check if your local Wikipedia is participating

A special competition called Wiki Loves Falles is organised in Spain and the world during 15th March 2022 till 15th April 2022 to document local folk culture and Falles in Valencia, Spain. Learn more about it on Catalan Wikipedia project page.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 14:40, 14 ਮਾਰਚ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting is now closed[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Greetings,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) came to a close on 21 March 2022. Over 2300 Wikimedians voted across different regions of our movement. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process! The scrutinizing group is now reviewing the vote for accuracy, so please allow up to two weeks for them to finish their work.

The final results from the voting process will be announced here, along with the relevant statistics and a summary of comments as soon as they are available. Please check out the voter information page to learn about the next steps. You can comment on the project talk page on Meta-wiki in any language.

You may also contact the UCoC project team by email: ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org

Best regards,

CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 09:54, 23 ਮਾਰਚ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Announcing Indic Hackathon 2022 and Scholarship Applications[ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear Wikimedians, we are happy to announce that the Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group will be organizing Indic Hackathon 2022, a regional event as part of the main Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 taking place in a hybrid mode during 20-22 May 2022. The event will take place in Hyderabad. The regional event will be in-person with support for virtual participation. As it is with any hackathon, the event’s program will be semi-structured i.e. while we will have some sessions in sync with the main hackathon event, the rest of the time will be upto participants’ interest on what issues they are interested to work on. The event page can be seen on this page.

In this regard, we would like to invite community members who would like to attend in-person to fill out a form for scholarship application by 17 April, which is available on the event page. Please note that the hackathon won’t be focusing on training of new skills, and it is expected that applications have some experience/knowledge contributing to technical areas of the Wikimedia movement. Please post on the event talk page if you have any queries. MediaWiki message delivery (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 18:31, 7 ਅਪਰੈਲ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Join the South Asia / ESEAP Annual Plan Meeting with Maryana Iskander[ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear community members,

In continuation of Maryana Iskander's listening tour, the Movement Communications and Movement Strategy and Governance teams invite you to discuss the 2022-23 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan.

The conversations are about these questions:

  • The 2030 Wikimedia Movement Strategy sets a direction toward "knowledge as a service" and "knowledge equity". The Wikimedia Foundation wants to plan according to these two goals. How do you think the Wikimedia Foundation should apply them to our work?
  • The Wikimedia Foundation continues to explore better ways of working at a regional level. We have increased our regional focus in areas like grants, new features, and community conversations. How can we improve?
  • Anyone can contribute to the Movement Strategy process. We want to know about your activities, ideas, requests, and lessons learned. How can the Wikimedia Foundation better support the volunteers and affiliates working in Movement Strategy activities?

Date and Time

The meeting will happen via Zoom on 24 April (Sunday) at 07:00 UTC (local time). Kindly add the event to your calendar. Live interpretation will be available for some languages.

Regards, CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 10:19, 17 ਅਪਰੈਲ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Call for Candidates: 2022 Board of Trustees Election[ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear community members,

The 2022 Board of Trustees elections process has begun. The Call for Candidates has been announced.

The Board of Trustees oversees the operations of the Wikimedia Foundation. Community-and-affiliate selected trustees and Board-appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three year term. The Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for community-and-affiliate selected trustees.

The Wikimedia community will vote to elect two seats on the Board of Trustees in 2022. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board of Trustees.

Kindly submit your candidacy to join the Board of Trustees. CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:58, 29 ਅਪਰੈਲ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election 2022 - Call for Election Volunteers[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Movement Strategy and Governance team is looking for community members to serve as election volunteers in the upcoming Board of Trustees election.

The idea of the Election Volunteer Program came up during the 2021 Wikimedia Board of Trustees Election. This program turned out to be successful. With the help of Election Volunteers we were able to increase outreach and participation in the election by 1,753 voters over 2017. Overall turnout was 10.13%, 1.1 percentage points more, and 214 wikis were represented in the election.

There were a total of 74 wikis that did not participate in 2017 that produced voters in the 2021 election. Can you help increase the participation even more?

Election volunteers will help in the following areas:

  • Translate short messages and announce the ongoing election process in community channels
  • Optional: Monitor community channels for community comments and questions

Volunteers should:

  • Maintain the friendly space policy during conversations and events
  • Present the guidelines and voting information to the community in a neutral manner

Do you want to be an election volunteer and ensure your community is represented in the vote? Sign up here to receive updates. You can use the talk page for questions about translation.
CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 10:30, 12 ਮਈ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

ਆਰਜੀ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕੀ ਹੱਕ[ਸੋਧੋ]

ਸਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਜੀ ! ਮੈਂ ਇੱਥੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਖ਼ਰਾਬ ਸਫ਼ੇ ਅਤੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਕਮੀਆਂ ਵੇਖੀਆਂ ਹਨ। ਉਹ ਸਫ਼ੇ ਮਿਟਾਉਣ, ਬਾਕੀ ਕਮੀਆਂ ਦੂਰ ਕਰਨ ਅਤੇ ਇੰਟਰਫ਼ੇਸ ਬਿਹਤਰੀ ਲਈ ਮੈਂ ਇਸ ਵਿਕੀ ’ਤੇ ਆਰਜੀ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਕ ਦੇ ਹੱਕ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਵਿਕੀਬੁਕ, ਬਣਾਉਣ ਦਾ ਕੰਮ ਵਧੇਰੇ ਚੰਗੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਾਂਗਾ। ਧੰਨਵਾਦ।Mulkh Singh (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:03, 5 ਜੂਨ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Propose statements for the 2022 Election Compass[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Community members are invited to propose statements to use in the Election Compass for the 2022 Board of Trustees election.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/neutral/disagree). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass:

  • July 8 - 20: Community members propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August. The Elections Committee will oversee the process, supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team. MSG will check that the questions are clear, there are no duplicates, no typos, and so on.

Regards,

Movement Strategy & Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 08:19, 12 ਜੁਲਾਈ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Bot policy[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable) or bots that fix double redirects. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. If you use or prefer to use a dedicated project page for handling bot flag requests, that is also acceptable. Please read the text at Meta-Wiki before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Thank you for your consideration. --Rschen7754 07:08, 2 ਅਗਸਤ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

WikiConference India 2023: Initial conversations[ਸੋਧੋ]

Dear Wikimedians,

Hope all of you are doing well. We are glad to inform you to restart the conversation to host the next WikiConference India 2023 after WCI 2020 which was not conducted due to the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic, it couldn't take place. However, we are hoping to reinitiate this discussion and for that we need your involvement, suggestions and support to help organize a much needed conference in February-March of 2023.

The proposed 2023 conference will bring our energies, ideas, learnings, and hopes together. This conference will provide a national-level platform for Indian Wikimedians to connect, re-connect, and establish their collaboration itself can be a very important purpose on its own- in the end it will empower us all to strategize, plan ahead and collaborate- as a movement.

We hope we, the Indian Wikimedia Community members, come together in various capacities and make this a reality. We believe we will take learnings from earlier attempts, improve processes & use best practices in conducting this conference purposefully and fruitfully.

Here is a survey form to get your responses on the same notion. Unfortunately we are working with short timelines since the final date of proposal submission is 5 September. We request you please fill out the form by 28th August. After your responses, we can decide if we have the community need and support for the conference. You are also encouraged to add your support on this page, if you support the idea.

Regards, Nitesh Gill, Nivas10798, Neechalkaran, 06:39, 24 ਅਗਸਤ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

2022 Board of Trustees Community Voting Period is now Open[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear community members,

The Community Voting period for the 2022 Board of Trustees election is now open. Here are some helpful links to get you the information you need to vote:

If you are ready to vote, you may go to SecurePoll voting page to vote now. You may vote from August 23 at 00:00 UTC to September 6 at 23:59 UTC. To see about your voter eligibility, please visit the voter eligibility page.

Regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 12:39, 26 ਅਗਸਤ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The 2022 Board of Trustees election Community Voting is about to close[ਸੋਧੋ]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello,

The Community Voting period of the 2022 Board of Trustees election started on August 23, 2022, and will close on September 6, 2022 23:59 UTC. There’s still a chance to participate in this election. If you did not vote, please visit the SecurePoll voting page to vote now. To see about your voter eligibility, please visit the voter eligibility page. If you need help in making your decision, here are some helpful links:

Regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

CSinha (WMF) (ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ) 13:14, 1 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

WikiConference India 2023: Proposal to WMF[ਸੋਧੋ]

Hello everyone,

We are happy to inform you that we have submitted the Conference & Event Grant proposal for WikiConference India 2023 to the Wikimedia Foundation. We kindly request all the community members to go through the proposal -- including the community engagement survey report, program plan, venue and logistics, participation and scholarships, and the budget, and provide us with your suggestions/comments on the talk page. You can endorse the proposal in the endorsements section, please do add a rationale for supporting this project.

According to the timeline of the Conference and Event Grants program, the community can review till 23 September 2022, post that we will start integrating all the received feedback to make modifications to the proposal. Depending on the response of community members, an IRC may be hosted next week, especially if there are any questions/concerns that need to be addressed.

We reopened the survey form and if you are still interested in taking part in the survey and you have something in mind to share or want to become a part of the organizing team, please fill out the form so we all can work together.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, Nitesh Gill, Nivas10798, Neechalkaran, 07:36, 19 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks?[ਸੋਧੋ]

The slides for our presentation at Wikimania 2022

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.

About the skin[ਸੋਧੋ]

[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.

How can editors change and customize this skin?[ਸੋਧੋ]

It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.

Our plan[ਸੋਧੋ]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.

If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 04:14, 22 ਸਤੰਬਰ 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]